Thursday, 30 August 2012

Episode 1 - In Which We Say Howdy Yall!



Show Notes:

From the Introduction -
C.C. is on Ravelry as JavaPurl
Damaris is on Ravelry as princessdamaris
C.C.'s Design Patterns on Ravelry - http://www.ravelry.com/designers/cc-almon
C.C.'s Top Down Preemie Hat Freebie Pattern - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/top-down-preemie-hat
C.C.'s My Cane Didn't Want to Be Naked Anymore Freebie Pattern - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/my-cane-didnt-want-to-be-naked-anymore
Bunheads Group on Ravelry - http://www.ravelry.com/groups/bunheads-tv-show

On the Needles -
Damaris -
Knitted Dalek Egg Cosy
Simon Tam
Planning to make a Jayne hat soon

C.C. -
All the Shades of Truth
Cascade Christmas Stocking (I'll be teaching a class on this on Saturday, 10/20/12, at Yarnies if you're local to us.)
Baby Legs mismatched leg warmers - currently designing, will share when I have a pattern available

Finished Projects -
Damaris -
I'm Not His Date aka The Flatmate Scarf
High Functioning Sociopath Scarf - Damaris designed this pattern & hopes to publish it soon.

C.C. -
Sweet Spring Toe Up Socks
Stripey Socks

What We're Reading & Watching -
Damaris -
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Doctor Who
Pond Life

C.C. -
Waterfall: A Novel (River of Time Series) by Lisa Bergren
Columbo

Both -
7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker
Alphas
The Big Bang Theory
Cheers
Falling Skies
Firefly
MacGyver
Magnum PI
Saving Hope
Sherlock
Smallville
Stargate SG-1
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Warehouse 13

And excited for -
Arrow - premieres 10/10 on CW
Elementary - premieres 9/27 on CBS
Fringe - premieres 9/28 on FOX
Merlin - premieres January, 2013 on SyFy
Once Upon a Time - premieres 9/30 on ABC
Revolution - premieres 9/17 on NBC

Find Us Online -
C.C. -
~ on Ravelry as JavaPurl
~ C.C.'s Knitting Designs on Ravelry
~ on Twitter as cc_almon
~ on Instagram as cc_almon
~ her blog ~ I'm On My Way ~ my journey as a Christ follower, wife, Mamma, knitter, & fibromyalgia fighter

Damaris -
~ on Ravelry as damaris-abitweird
~ on Twitter as d_isabitweird
~ on Tumblr
~ on Instagram as d_isabitweird
~ her blog ~ Damaris Is A Bit Crafty

Geeky Girls Knit -
~ our Ravelry group ~ Geeky Girls Knit Podcast
~ on Twitter as geekygirlsknit
~ our Facebook page
~ email us: geekygirlsknit@thealmons.com
~ on iTunes
~ on YouTube

Until next time,
Happy Knitting!

7 comments:

  1. Great pod cast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] You can go to our website which also has our show notes, here’s a link to episode 1 – http://geekygirlsknit.wordpress.com/2012/08/29/episode-1-in-which-we-say-howdy-yall/. [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Girls,
    an interesting first episode, I shall watch the second in a few hours. (I have to perform my Oscar-winning performance of a housewife!!!) hee hee
    C.C., I prefer the Cascade Christmas Stocking in your chosen colourway to the ones in picture shown.
    Damaris, well done on the cabling, marvellous for first time.
    until next time,
    xxxx
    Enid

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so sweet Enid! Damaris and I really enjoyed your comment. You made us giggle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK so I know I am late but I just watched your week 85th Episode and my OCD led me to start at Episode 1. So I had to leave a comment. Great job and we have many tv shows in common!!!!! Kudos to you and your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Hope you enjoy the catching up Sue. Thanks for your sweet words! xx

      Delete